Entries

ちょっとメモ。無視してください。


p38

An obvious question is, if 30% of spermatozoain a sample are seen to be abnormal by the SCSA, whycan’t the other 70% be sufficient for fertility? Other datafrom our laboratory strongly suggest that the 70% of sper-matozoa not showing DNA denaturation by our currentprotocol are the ‘‘remainder of the iceberg’’ (ie, they alsocontain the same kind of damage albeit to a lesser degree,but to an extent that significantly reduces paternal genomecompetence). If the sperm DNA damage is minor, theoocyte may be able to repair the damage, and this couldbecome a major factor when a spermatozoon fertilizes anoocyte from an older woman. Age definitely has an effecton the level of DFI. Current collaborative studies in ourlaboratory show a significant increase in DFI after age46. Thus, the male fertility potential appears to decreaseat a later age than that of a woman and at a slower pace(Evenson et al, in preparation).


スポンサーサイト

コメント

コメントの投稿

コメントの投稿
管理者にだけ表示を許可する

Appendix

プロフィール

ドクターI

Author:ドクターI
武蔵境生息、(自称)不妊屋「ドクターI」、自己流生殖医療を語ります。

カウンター